Learn here something about character animation. The character animation is simple process which allows you to work in specific area with the help of different characters. These characters are used for animation purpose. The character animation is actually another name for the actor’s performance. Your animation will be called perfect only in this way if you are creating it with emotion and other physical features. You have seen many character animation scenes in 3d movies and video games. Now a day this technique is being used rapidly in film industry. Similarly game developers are also adopting this technique to create easiness in any complicated scene. In Maya there is great exposure to animate your characters with various methods. Character Animation is the most appealing and complex element of some 3d animation software application. If you have been using 3D Studio Max ever you must know that we face the troubles with our characters meshes when we want to animate them with intense action, but Maya has solved all of the problems at all and launched the paint weight tool for smooth skinning the 3d characters.
A character needs many things before being animated for example,
• You must have a very good mesh with 100 percent accurate topology and parameterization.
• You need to create joints that are bones of organic model
• You need to assign IK handles
• You skin your 3d model with joints weather you are using smooth skin or rigid skin options
• You will have to edit the skin weights with various methods, paint weight tool is one of the thousands ways
• You need rigging your model as proper as you can. Rigging is just like tying a puppet to the threads for creating movements
• You need to key frame rigged objects or you need to adopt some other way of animation.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Character Animation
About the Author: