This is complete modeling and animation series for the beginners and learners of the 3d animation and modeling software Maya. In this free tutorial 3d modeling class video you will learn what is the Bump Map and how are these created in Maya. This is new aspect for all of you and you will learn it here. First of all in Bump mapping you will see the pushing in or out of the surface that is the identification of the bump map on any surface and you will learn how to create it in Maya. You can create bump mapping in Maya as follows:
- Create a polygon flat cube in Maya.
- Create a bump chart in Photoshop, it is a chart with sign of the bump here are round circular sign with transitional colors scheme. Save it in the Photoshop format and then in the TIFF format as a copy file.
- Come to Maya again and select the object you created then in the Lambert color attribute window click on the checker box in front of the Bump mapping.
- Then select the bump depth for example 0.5 in the same window select the file and open the file of the bump chart you saved as TIFF format in Photoshop then ‘enter’.
- Your object has no bump effects until you render. So render and get nice bump mapping on you 3d flat cubical model in Maya.
Watch this free tutorial video and learn more.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Maya Animation
About the Author: