This free tutorial video of 3d modeling class is about gun 3d modeling you will get useful knowledge about how to create the bump mapping for your gun model to make it more realistic 3d shape in Maya. This time you have to go to Photoshop for the bump map format file. We are modeling a gun 3d model in Maya but what bump mapping will cause to image? Remember that bump mapping will make ups and downs on the surface of the model, designing the surface of your gun 3d model. How create bump mapping involves following steps:
- First of all open the UV color image file in Photoshop and save it is as bump_map.psd.
- Then open the last saved file create layer deleting the background and then create a simple even background with a mix of white and black color.
- After that select each part of the UV mapping and desaturate the color you can also create contrast on the gun handle by going to image then adjustment and there open the levels you can set the contrast according to your choice.
- Set the color of the UV map of other part as well between these two colors Black and White this is basic rule that your bump map can be created depending on two contrasting color.
- Now save this file as copy in Photoshop with TIFF format and switch to Maya.
- Repeat the process taught in the previous tutorial video for bump mapping.
- Select the object, rendering, Lambert color and in Lambert color window click on the Bump mapping checker box and set bump depth. In the same window open the target file which you saved last time in Photoshop with TIFF format.
- Render again and you model has now ups and downs on the surface like realistic model.
For under standing this lesson watch this free tutorial video right here.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Maya Animation
About the Author: