This is quick free tutorial video about how to create a 3d animation with the view ports and Cameras options of the Maya. 3d modeling and 3d animation software Maya provides great camera options for the cinematography and hence you can create film of your 3d model in Maya or there is another way of creating animation that is making model to move itself. Great 3d animation and 3 d modeling software Maya is able to make film of the animated model. Here we shall learn how to create animation of simple model in Maya. The theme of this 3 d modeling class is to teach you the basic of how to use the camera of Maya for cinematography in Maya.
- Create two polygon shapes in Maya.
- Hit ‘5’ from the keyboard to turn to the shaded mode
- In the animation menu set
- Click on the rendering option from the shelf tabs then select the camera from the camera icon.
- Open another view port with space bar, and then go the panel menu of other view port.
- Select perspective clicking on camera 1; you can now view what you will do in the perspective view as the selected camera will move or rotate.
- Then in the perspective view port hit ‘W’ to use the move tool and use rotate tool with ‘E’ key of the keyboard. Move and rotate your camera unless your model can be seen in the side view port.
- Now in the Animation menu set click on ‘Animate’ at the top of screen and click on set key. Your first position at frame will be set, move camera with ‘w’ or rotate it around the model with rotate tool ‘E’ and press ‘S’ from the key board.
- Then rewind to key frame one and click on play.
- You have created an excellent and simple animation with camera and view port commands.
Watch this free tutorial video now.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Maya Animation
About the Author: