In this lesson we determination create some hair styles with Maya fur plug-in. Im assuming that you have a basic knowledge in Maya and its core concepts and procedures, which will help to keep this lesson as short as possible.
1. Select the skull and go the side view. Plus press F11 to go the face selection form and select the faces which make up the scalp area. You can start by means of a basic selection and also try by the paint selection tool (edit > paint selection tool).
2. Following the faces have been selected we require to create a UV projection lump.
On the Create UVs menu select Cylindrical Mapping. This determination creates a new mapping node.
3. At the present locate the polyCylProj1 node and set the rotate x to -90. This determination rotates the projection node so it should look like this.
4. At the present we determination save this set of UVs to a new UV set. Select > convert selection > to faces determination convert the selection to UVs.
5. Open window > UV texture editor to view the UVs. You be able to use the UV texture editor to scale or move the UVs if needed.
6. Select a UV from the UV texture editor so as to belong to the UV set we want to save. Select, select shell from the select menu.This will select all the UVs that belong to the UV shell.
7. Select polygons> copy UVs to UV set > copy in to new UV set > to unlock the copy in to new UV set options box. Enter fur_hair as the new UVset name. Click, apply plus close.
At the present we are ready to add the fur description node.
8. Push F8 to return to object mode. Select the head and select, fur > attach fur description > new. This will attach a fresh fur description node to the head mesh.
9. We need to edit the fur description nodes attributes to the desired values to create the hair style.
10. You be able to start by means of a preset from the fur description node to create hair styles. It is the easiest way to start. However I have added some methods of creating different hair styles.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Maya Dynamics
About the Author: