You be able to strength a thing to go after the combined of a character by applying a tip restraint. To do this, choose a combined, such as a give combined, and Shift+select the thing. Button to the Animation menu set and decide Constrain / Point. The object mechanically snaps to the combined. That is, the turn tip of the object is snapped to the turn tip of the joint, bringing the object the length of for a ride. The restraint lasts for an indefinite period except it is twisted off. To twist off the restraint, choose the restraint node (parented to the unnatural object), and set the constrainer_name W0 quality to 0 in the waterway Box. You can breathe constrainer_name W0 altering from 0 to 1 and reverse, thus allowing the temperament to clutch and let go the thing. One difficulty with this situation, though, is the object’s custom of recurring to its rest location (the location at which it rested when the restraint was practical) or hopping off to one surface. To keep away from this unexpected pressure collection, you can location overriding animation on a cut off node. If the object possesses just one node, group the object to itself previous to creating the restraint. For instance, if a prehistoric globe is grouped to itself, it winds up by means of two nodes. To collection an object to itself, just choose the object and decide Edit / Group. In this state of affairs, the restraint is practical to the unique thing node and superseding animation is practical to the collection node. As an instance, the subsequent steps are essential for a nature to pick up a container and then throw it sideways:
1. Make a prehistoric NURBS container. Choose the container and decide Edit / Delete By Type / History. Group the container to itself by choosing Edit / Group. Choose the nurbsCylinder1 node. Push the Insert type and shift the turn to a location that makes sense for a restraint. Insertion the turn to one surface of the container works quite glowing. If the turn is in its default location, the container will interconnect the hand over when it’s unnatural. Choose the collection1 node and shift its turn to the similar location.
2. Shift the collection to a position anywhere it can be chosen up. (The moving picture will be easier to attain if the collection is snapped to a network line with the break To Grids key.) Choose the collection1 node and the nurbsCylinder1 node and decide Modify / Freeze Transformations.
3. Construct an easy upper limb or bring in a rigged nature. An example scene, named arm_grab.mb, is built-in in the episode 5 scene folder in the CD.
4. Shift the Timeline to border 1. Decide a establish location for the limb joints and input them. Decide the border at which the hand be supposed to grab the container (for instance, frame 20). Shift the Timeline to that border. Turn around the arm joints so that the wrist joint is in the identical location as the cylinder’s pivot. Choose the wrist combined and Shift+select the nurbsCylinder1 node. decide Constrain / Point. If the middle of the wrist joint is allied with the spin around tip, the container will not shift, which is preferable. If the wrist combined is located absent from the turn, the container will unexpectedly bind to the combined.
5. Choose the nurbsCylinder1_pointConstraint1 lump, set joint_name W0 to 1, and input the quality. (You can emphasize the quality name in the waterway Box, RMB click, and decide Key chosen from the shortcut bill of fare.) Shift the Timeline back one border (frame 19). The container is lifted by the arm. Choose the nurbsCylinder1_pointConstraint1 swelling, set joint_name W0 to 0, and input the quality. The container hops back to its start location. (If the container does not come back to it establish arrangement, it may be distress from undeleted the past.)
6. Shift onward on the Timeline. Animate the joints exciting the container up into the air. Decide the border at which the hand be supposed to let go (for instance, frame 30). Shift the Timeline back one border (frame 29), choose the nurbsCylinder1_pointConstraint1 node, and input the joint_name W0 quality while it leftovers position to 1.
7. Choose the collection1 node and input it. Because the collection1 node has not been interactively distorted, it’s interpreted and turn around attributes remains 0, 0, 0. If the tip restraint is on, collection1’s pivot is “left at the back” and sits at the cylinder’s rest location. Though odd, this does not have an effect on the animation.
8. Shift single border ahead (border 30), set joint_name W0 to 0, and input the quality. The container abruptly jumps back to its start arrangement. Choose the collection1 node and shift the container back up to the tip where it was at large by the hand over. Set an input. Shift the Timeline to the front and location and input the collection1 node consequently that the container tumbles from side to side the air. Turn around and input the upper limb joints so that the nature finishes the movement of tossing the container.
9. Because a last step, build certain the animation curves of the restraint node to build certain the restraint is carefully rotating on and off. To do this, choose the nurbsCylinder1_point- restraint1 node, decide Window / Animation Editors / Graph Editor, choose every one the keys of the joint_name W0 curve, and decide Tangents / Stepped in the chart Editor menu. Also, check the interpret curves of the collection1 node to create sure the container does not move before it is on the loose by the hand in excess of. Scour the Timeline. The appendage swoops downward, takes hold of the container, lifts it up, and tosses it absent. If this development is cautiously undertaken, no “pops” in the animation are noticeable.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Maya Modeling
About the Author: