In this 3d modeling and 3d animation courses 3d training class lesson you will today learn how to create effect of lip sync in 3d modeling and animation software application Autodesk Maya. This 3d animation is really an interesting 3d animation lesson and lip syncing 3d animation is important for 3d game design character developing and 3d animated film character making and cartoon 3d character making also. This is also a 3d modeling lesson where you will also learn how to model cartoonic lips character and then 3d animation of the lip syncing in Maya, it is very easy technique. You can learn all about 3d cartoon making, 3d architectural and 3d mechanical design character 3d modeling and 3d animation covering all the steps of 3d shading, texturing, coloring and rendering in 3d modeling animation program Maya here on this website for free. So don’t you navigate any where else just learn here and practice here what you learn.
- First of all create a NURBS torus 3d model from the NURBS primitives in the Create Menu. And in the channel box (press ctrl + A for channel box once) increase the value of spans to 16 and sections to 20 of you 3d model of torus.
- In the Animation menu set, go to side or front view port pressing and releasing space bar where you can face the torus front, select the 3d model then open the shading menu of the view port menu and click on x-ray mode.
- Click on joint tool in the Skeleton menu or click on joint tool in the tool bar, decease the size of the joint by putting the value of ‘0.25’ in the Display menu > Animation > Joint Size, create nine joints’ chain on upper half of the torus.
- Go to Layer editor in the Channel box selecting the joints chain and double click on the layer rename it as upper lip and then change color of the layer. Then right click on layer and click on add to selected object option.
- Then go to Skeleton menu and click on the mirror joint option box and mark XZ option and click on apply. Now select the mirrored joint chain and in the layer editor of channel box, click on create new layer icon, double click on new layer selected rename the layer change its color and save.
- Then right click on layer and click on add selected object.
- Now go to Skeleton menu and click on the IK handle tool, in the layer editor hide the upper joint chain and then click on the IK handle tool and click on first and the last joint of this chain hide this layer and then do same for other joint chain. Select the joint chains both and also the torus and go to Skin Menu and click on Bind tool and then Select Smooth Bind. Now moving IK handle will make lip 3d model move.
- Now there is 3d animation part, right click on the time slider and then select sound > use Trax Sound. You will have a Trax sound which you can customize from option box and made you own sound message as I did.
- Go to animation preferences window and mark ‘4x’ to increase the visibility of the sound trax.
- Increase the number of frames a bit more than you sound track,
- At first frame press ‘s’ key to set key or go animation menu click on set key option then at the peaks of the sound track open the lip 3d model with IK handle and press ‘s’ and at the dips close the lips and press ‘s’ key to set keys. You have to assign many keys as you want to animate, larger the number of keys you will assign more perfect lip syncing effect will form.
- Play you animation back to see the results.
For more 3d animation details watch this free 3d animation tutorial video now.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Tutorials
About the Author: