In this free tutorial video lesson of NURBS 3d modeling you will learn how to model Robot in 3d modeling animation software Autodesk Maya using the NURBS 3d modeling way. NURBS stands for non uniform rational basic spline the shapes which are out of the reach or more complex to be modeled with Polygonal 3d modeling technique like the curved car bodies, airplane and other shapes involving curves in them. In this lesson we shall use the NURBS 3d modeling technique in NURBS 3d modeling we can model our 3d model randomly and smoothly and these are less likely chances of sharp edges forming in 3d model which produces more realistic 3d models. Moreover in NURBS 3d modeling you just have to give your idea with a Curve and 3d software itself create 3d surface out of it. so lets some new techniques of 3d modeling in 3d modeling animation and rendering software Autodesk Maya using NURBS 3d modeling tools and commands for modeling robot 3d model.
- Go to ‘Create’ menu and create Cylinder for shoulder model and then create sphere for modeling the shoulder and arm junction and then model the arm with elbow and lower limb and hand area but the shape should be robotic.
- Mirror this Arm by duplicating it from Edit menu. Then model the head area of the Robot.
- Here are some useful Maya shortcuts:
* Press ‘4’ for wire frame mode
* Press ‘5’ for shaded mode
* Press ‘6’ for texture mode when you have assigned texture
* Press ‘7’ for light mode you will learn in next 3d modeling lesson about this
* Press ‘w’ for move tool
* Press ‘e’ for rotate tool
* Press ‘r’ for scale tool
* Press ctrl + A once for channel box
* Press ctrl + A twice for attribute editor
* Double click on any tool for opening the tool options box.
For more details watch this free NURBS 3 d modeling video now.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Tutorials
About the Author: