This is NURBS 3d modeling video tutorial lesson for free 3d software training here in this 3d modeling lesson you will how to model the headlights of the car in 3d modeling and animation software Autodesk Maya.
In this NURBS 3d modeling series you will learn how to model a complete object with NURBS 3d modeling way which is one of most easy and flexible way of 3d modeling and totally user friendly. Why user friendly because it run as you want to make it run. You have to draw curves and Maya himself converts these 2d curves into 3d models. Here in this lesson you will learn how to use NURBS primitives, NURBS primitives are that same as that of the Polygon these basic 3d shape which 3d software provide its users like Cube, Sphere, Cylinder the primitives of the NURBS and Polygon are same the difference lies in the way of 3d modeling character setup. Polygonal commands are polygonal faces, vertices and edges which are edited and modified to get the required 3d model where as in NURBS 3d modeling there are curves or any line or you can use the basic 3d shape and then you have option like Edit point, Control Vertex and face and trim etc for NURBS 3d modeling. Learn 3d modeling of Headlights of car 3d model.
- Create a NURBS circle and then scale it to the size of the head light then move it on the head light area select the circle and then shift select the surface of car and click on the Project option in Edit NURBS menu.
- Then delete the central circle area or use the trim tool.
- Go to create menu and in the NURBS primitives select the NURBS sphere open the channel box press ‘ctrl + A’ once for opening channel box and the rotate this sphere at 90 degree on rotate-z.
- Then scale it to the size of the headlight right click on object go to the isopalm level and then select the central isopalm go to Edit NURBS and click on Detach tool, this will divide you sphere in to two parts select the back one and hit delete on keyboard to delete it.
- Move it to the right place of head light you have made.
- You can further make it more realistic by cover it with the vertices of the panel of car.
- Then duplicate this light for other area by pressing ctrl +d or you can mirror it as well.
- Apply texture to you light model.
For details watch this free tutorial video lesson now.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: Tutorials
About the Author: