As an integrated 3D modeling, animation, plus rendering software solution based on an open architecture, Auto-desk Maya software is a tool of choice for those who need a higher level of control over their game art work-flows and pipelines. Maya offers:
- Access to a large pool of trained and talented artists
- A comprehensive range of key-frame, nonlinear, and advanced character animation editing tools
- A wide-ranging suite of advanced polygon with subdivision surface modeling and texturing tools
- Support for creating and editing industry-standard images, formats and hardware shades, including baking light maps plus transferring texture maps between models of different resolutions and topologies
- The Python® Scripting Language, Maya Embedded Scripting Language (MEL), and a comprehensive API that enable developers to customize with scale implementation
Featured Customer Story
|Insomniac Games (pdf – 176Kb)
Insomniac Games uses Autodesk Maya and Autodesk MotionBuilder software to reimagine recent American history in Resistance 2.
Python is a registered trademark of Python Software basis.
Related Posts in this Category
Filed Under: What is New
About the Author: